Friday, June 26, 2009

Go Figure


Another Masters student, Chris Pullen, came out with me yesterday. Fishing was slow despite a nice front approaching. However, just before my cut-off time for being able to affix fish with transmitters (7:00PM), at 6:43 Chris popped a 41" on a figure 8. I had just been explaining how fish often follow bucktails and appear from nowhere and that looking behind the bait is critical (versus just watching the bait come in). Shortly after I explained that the fish appeared behind his bait, turned in the 8, and struck after the first full 8.

We took blood, did our reflex impairment tests, put a Floy tag in, and strapped it with a transmitter. She appeared to recuperate fairly quickly and moved to the channel edge (in fairly constant motion) by two hours post-release. I go back today to find it at the 24 hour mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment