Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hold Your Horses

As some of you know, this blog details the trials and tribulations of research. Sometimes, you mess up. I'm by no means a math genius and don't consider myself an expert statistical software user. I learn as I go, through trial-and-error and a lot of consulation and independent research. In reviewing the procedures I used to run the stats on my data, it appears I was doing it incorrectly. You have learn to speak the language of the software and apparently I was mumbling because there seems to be a miscommunication. One of the things I was super excited about turns out to not be statistically significant. The data is still interesting and there's still a story, but the "wow" factor may have just been knocked down a notch.

Keep on keepin' on.

2 comments:

  1. In the words of that famous statistician, Homer J. Simpson .... DUOH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to statistics. Pain and pleasure of all scientists.

    ReplyDelete