Saturday, July 10, 2010

Best Hand Wins


Although I never even saw a single muskie today, I did witness my first poker run.

Poker runs are organized events usually involving motorcycles, cars, or boats. One aspect of a poker run is often to raise money for charity. In these events, participants must make it to at least 5 of 7 checkpoints where they are given a playing card. At the end of the event, the participant with the best 5-card hand wins.

Obviously this post is not very scientific, but oh well!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool to see them fly by, the rooster tails are huge.Pretty amazing to see them in the distance and then they are by you...I'm guessing but they probably are hitting 100mph. Imaging the gas burnt though...it would fuel our measly fishing crafts for a couple years or more.

    Likewise for me, fishing was very tough...

    ReplyDelete