Wednesday, July 15, 2009

50% and a Badge of Honor



Got out with another Ottawa chapter MCI member, Bill Fuller, today (along with Hedrik, my trusty sidekick). Bill took me out last year while here in Ottawa for the American Fisheries Society's annual meeting. Last year, Bill caught a nice 37" on a spinnerbait, I caught a sub-30 muskie on a spinnerbait, and I had one hit a shallow Curly Sue at the boat. Needless to say, my hopes were high that Bill would bring good luck today!

Bill didn't let me down. Although, the fish was a tad on the small side... 22" to be exact. Of special note is it hit a regular Bulldawg that, when stretched out, tapes to 11" or 50% of the fish's body length. So, a 50" muskie would have no problem taking down a 2' lure!

Not to be outdone, Hedrik got one too. Well, almost. He did get two follows. AND he got a badge of honor from a bird :)

No comments:

Post a Comment